The Social Event will take place in the Heidelberg Palace(Schloss Heidelberg). The social event will include a guided tour through the historical building.
To get to the palace you need to first get to the mountain railway station and then take the mountain railway uphill.
To the mountain railway station (Heidelberger Bergbahn)
Walking (through the city centre):
* Estimated travel time: 13 mins; Distance: ~1.1 km
* From the conference building (Stadthalle), cross the street “Untere Neckarstrasse” in front of the building and enter either the street “Karpfengasse” or the street “Bienenstraße”
* Walk up either street about 50 meter until you reach the main shopping street (“Hauptstraße”)
* Turn left and head eastward about 700 meter until you reach a large church (“Heiliggeistkirche”) that stands to your left.
* Continue on the shopping street until you reach the next open plaza, the “Kornmarkt”
* Turn right, crossing through the Kornmarkt. After the Kornmarkt you will reach the street “Burgweg”
* Follow Burgweg until you come to the intersection with street “Zwingerstraße”
* Cross over Zwingerstrasse.
* The building in front of you contains a parking garage and the “Hotel am Schloss”, as well as the entrance to the mountain railway station (“Heidelberger Bergbahn”) that brings you up to the castle
* Estimated travel time: 10 mins
* Leaving the conference building (Stadthalle) towards the river, head eastbound to the bus stop on the side of the Stadthalle
* Get on bus RNV 35, direction (Richtung) “Neckargmünd”. The bus runs every 20 minutes at xx.06, xx.26, xx.46. Check your schedule at VRN
* After 4 minutes on bus RNV 35, exit at stop “S-Bf. Altstadt”
* Now get on bus RNV 33, direction (Richtung) “Emmertsgrund”
* After 4 minutes on bus RNV 33, exit at stop “Rathaus/Bergbahn”
* The building in front of you when looking towards the hill contains a parking garage and the “Hotel am Schloss”, as well as the entrance to the mountain railway station (“Heidelberger Bergbahn”) that brings you up to the castle
From the mountain railway station (“Heidelberger Bergbahn”) to the Hill (conference social event)
Via mountain railway
* Estimated travel time: 2 mins
* Enter the mountain railway station using the railway card included in your conference bag
* Exit at the next station (Schloss)
* You will be directed to the social event
* Distance: 110m, walking time: depending on your condition
* Pass the building with the mountain railway station on the left side (street: “Burgweg”) uphill until you reach the street “Neue Schlossstrasse”
* Follow the uphill direction by entering a pedestrian way called “Kurzer Buckel”. You will see the palace on your left side. The way is steep and includes walking several stairs!
* At the end of the way you will be directed to the social event