Booths Left: 5
What is "GadgetShow" ?
"GadgetShow" is one of tradition of ISWC, people gathering with their gadgets and showing demos each other.
This year (2015), GadgetShow will evolve to "GadgetShow Plus".
- Plus 1: It will be expanded as integral session of UbiComp/ISWC conference.
All kind of UbiComp/Wearable-related demos are welcome.
It is also a good chance to demonstrate your accepted papers of UbiComp/ISWC 2015.
- Plus 2: Demo booth (with poster panel, desk, power-line, WiFi) will be provided.
- Plus 3: Short teaser of each demo will be shown on main screen of conference venue
prior to 2-hour demo session.
CFP / Submission Process
Basically, GadgetShow Plus is provided by "first-come first-served" basis.
However, there are some selection process for maximizing participants' experience with very limited booth capacity.
- Demo booth (2 type):
- Full size (using 1 booth by 1 demo):
- 1.8m(W)x1.1m(H) poster panel
- 1.8m(W)x0.6m(D)x0.7m(H) desk
- 2 of AC100V power outlets (MAX 300W TOTAL, 2P (non-earth))
- WiFi connection
- Half size (sharing 1 booth by 2 demos):
- 0.9m(W)x1.1m(H) poster panel
- 0.9m(W)x0.6m(D)x0.7m(H) desk
- 1 of AC100V power outlets (MAX 150W TOTAL, 2P (non-earth))
- WiFi connection
- Interactive demos are recommended, demos with real objects are highly welcome.
- Poster must be pasted on the panel (free format, larger is better).
- You must attend at your booth during 2-hour demo session and also live streaming teaser.
- Booth setup time is about 1.5-hours.
- You also must attend rehearsal of your teaser during setup time.
- Please make your demo as compact as possible for providing more demos.
- It is very hard to fulfill special requirements (i.e. dark/quiet place, over 300W power,
large booth, ..) due to limited condition of the venue.
- Demo title and abstract are *** NOT *** listed on conference proceedings and web-pages.
- Submission & notification process:
- Please check booth availability on the top of this page.
- If booths are left, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
by using below format and attaching your "demo plan" (pdf format)
- Sample formats of "demo plan" are here:
- Organizer will return the result (OK/NG) within 7 days based on booth availability and demo-plan.
Subject: GadgetShow Plus Submission (***ENTER YOUR SHORT DEMO TITLE HERE***)
Short Demo title (max 16 chars for teaser):
Primary Contact Person:
Abstract (max 200 words):
- Booth size: FULL / HALF (***select one***)
- Required total power consumption (AC100V, TypeA, 2P(non-earth)): ***W
(must be declared, max 300W/full, 150W/half)
- Use of WiFi connection: YES / NO (***select one***)
- Any other requirements (not guaranteed):
Please note that it is very hard to fulfill special requirements due to limited condition of the venue.
(i.e. dark/quiet place, over 300W power, large booth, ...)
Please attach your "demo plan" (pdf format), sample formats are here:
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com
UbiComp/ISWC 2015 GadgetShow Plus Chair
Masaaki FUKUMOTO, Microsoft Research