Student volunteers are an essential part of making the UbiComp/ISWC conference possible. We are looking for proactive and enthusiastic SVs to help ensure a smooth and successful UbiComp/ISWC 2021.
As UbiComp/ISWC goes virtual again, this year, as an SV, you will be involved in various support tasks, such as monitoring Zoom presentations, helping attendees and assisting speakers through online support channels, archiving sessions, keynotes, etc,. , facilitating organizers, providing information, and generally being a point of contact for all conference attendees.
As an acknowledgment of the time and energy put in as an SV, we provide several benefits including (but not limited to) the following:
- Free conference registration.
- Invitations to SV-only events
- Unique opportunities to meet and network with members of the community.
Acting as an SV you are expected to honor several responsibilities:
- You are required to work at least 20 hours over the course of the conference (before, during, and/or after)
- You are required to attend the SV orientation before the start of the main conference
- You are required to be present for the entire duration of the conference, including workshop days (Sept 21-26, 2021)
Student volunteers take on a variety of tasks during the conference, some very simple (monitoring a Zoom presentation), some more complex (presentation and keynote video editing).This opportunity is open to all students working in areas covered by UbiComp/ISWC 2021. While previous experience is a plus, it is not a requirement – all necessary instructions and training will be provided.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this great team!
Apply to be a UbiComp/ISWC 2021 SV here
We are conducting a rolling application so please take note of the deadlines below:
Application Deadlines: June 15, 2021
Notifications Expected: June 30, 2021
If you have any questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org